Welcome to www.leavetown.com. This website is intended to assist our guests in gathering travel information, determining the availability and price of accommodation, making legitimate reservations or otherwise transacting business with travel suppliers, and for no other purposes.
As a condition of your use of this website, you warrant that:
- you have reached the age of majority in your province or country of residence;
- you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- you will only use this website to make legitimate reservations for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- all information supplied by you on this website is true, accurate, current and complete.
We grant you a limited license to access, and make personal use of, the website and while you may make download and print content for your personal and non-commercial use, you agree not to:
- use this website or its contents for any commercial purpose;make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation
access, monitor or copy any content or information of this website using any automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- modify, distribute, transmit, publish, upload, license, reverse engineer, transfer or sell, or create derivative works from, any content, products or services obtained from the website that you do not have a right to make available;
- upload, post or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer;
- use any hardware or software intended to surreptitiously intercept or otherwise obtain information from the website;
- violate the restrictions or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this website;
take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- cache or link to any portion of this website without our express written permission;
“frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
Privacy is a very serious matter to LeaveTown. We understand that booking online involves significant trust in us. We appreciate and value your trust and are committed to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We never sell your personal information.
A copy of our Privacy Promise that applies to the collection, use, disclosure and other processing of personal information by Leavetown is located here. You consent to any personal information we may obtain about you (either via the Leavetown websites, by email, telephone or any other means) being collected, stored and otherwise processed in accordance with the terms of the Privacy Promise. Leavetown may update its Privacy Promise from time to time in its sole discretion, and post an updated version of the notice at the website address provided above.
We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our service. Please be aware that by submitting content to this website by electronic mail, postings on this website or otherwise, including any accommodation reviews, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas you grant Leavetown a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display your submission throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and use the name that you submit in connection with such submission.
Your submissions may be uploaded onto the relevant accommodation information page on our website for the sole purpose of informing guests of your opinion of the service and quality of the accommodation, and used and placed by Leavetown at its sole discretion (e.g. for marketing, promotion or improvement of our service) on our website or such social media platforms, newsletters, and special promotions as Leavetown deems appropriate.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any content you may submit through the website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such content. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any submissions posted or submitted by you. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through this website any content that:
- is confidential, proprietary, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, unlawful, harmful, threatening, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, including, but not limited to any content that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violates the rights of any party or otherwise gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable Canadian or foreign laws;
- may contain software viruses or malware;
- contains advertisements or solicitations of any kind, or other commercial content;
- is designed to impersonate others;
- contains personal information (such as messages that include phone numbers, Social Security numbers, payment card numbers, account numbers, addresses or employer references), except where we expressly ask you to provide such information;
- contains messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted, confidential or private information;
- contains multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point;
- contains chain letters of any kind.
This website may contain links to other websites or resources that are operated by third parties not affiliated with Leavetown. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Inclusion of links to other sites or resources should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked sites or resources.
Different terms and conditions and privacy policies may apply to your use of any linked sites or resources. Leavetown is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or liability caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through any such linked site or resource. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download from this website is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature.
By using the Google Maps service available on the website you agree to be bound by the following: (1) the Google Terms of Service (2) the terms found on Google Legal Notices and (3) Google Additional Terms & Conditions. Before you use any of the maps on this website, you should read each of these three documents, as together they form a binding agreement between you and Google regarding your use of their products.
Your use of this website is at your sole risk. The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to the site or any feature or part thereof at any time. Leavetown disclaims any warranties that access to the website will be uninterrupted or error-free; that the site will be secure; that the site or the server that makes the website available will be virus-free; or that information on the website will be correct, accurate, adequate, useful, timely, reliable or otherwise complete.
If you download any content from this site, you do so at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such content. No advice or information obtained by you from the site shall create any warranty of any kind.
In certain jurisdictions, the law may not permit the disclaimer of warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
The providers whose products and services are available on the Leavetown website are independent contractors and not agents or employees of Leavetown. Leavetown is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such service providers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom.
You acknowledge and agree that you assume full responsibility for your use of the website, communications with third parties, and purchase and use of the products and services available through the Leavetown website. You acknowledge and agree that any information you send or receive during your use of the website may not be secure and may be intercepted by unauthorized parties. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the website is at your own risk and that the website is made available to you at no charge. Recognizing such, you acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither Leavetown nor its licensors, suppliers or third party content providers will be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in any way related to:
- this website, or any other site or resource you access through a link from this website;
- any action we take or fail to take as a result of communications you send to us;
- any products or services made available or purchased through the Leavetown website, including any damages or injury arising from any use of such products or services;
- any delay or inability to use the website or any information, products or services advertised in or obtained through the website;
- the modification, removal or deletion of any content submitted or posted on the website; or
- any use of the site, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if Leavetown has been advised of the possibility of damages.
It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content available through the website, or obtained from a linked site or resource.
This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury arising from any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, file corruption, communication-line failure, network or system outage, loss of profits by you, or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, loss or use of any record or data, and any other tangible or intangible loss. You specifically acknowledge and agree that Leavetown shall not be liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the site. Your remedy for any of the above claims or any dispute with Leavetown is to discontinue your use of the website.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of certain liability or warranties so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
You agree to defend and indemnify Leavetown, and/or their respective suppliers and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of the Terms and Conditions of Service
- any fraud you commit, or your intentional misconduct, or gross negligence
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party;
- your use of this website.
When you use the website or send emails to Leavetown, you are communicating with Leavetown electronically. You consent to receive electronically any communications related to your use of this website. Leavetown will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. All notices from Leavetown intended for receipt by a customer shall be deemed delivered and effective when sent to the email address you provide on the website.
All content available through this website (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, downloads, interfaces, code and software, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) is the exclusive property of and owned by Leavetown, its licensors or its content providers, and is protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable Canadian and foreign laws. You may not use frames or utilize framing techniques or technology to enclose any content included on the website without Leavetown’s express written consent. Furthermore, you may not utilize any website content in any meta tags or any other “hidden text” techniques or technologies without Leavetown’s express written consent. Any reproduction or redistribution of our website is expressly prohibited, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
Claims of Intellectual Property Infrinement
We take all claims of copyright infringement very seriously and if you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information in writing and to our legal team:
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our website;
- a signed statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf;
- your address, telephone number, and, email address.
Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be sent as follows:
Leavetown Legal Team
c/o Yaletown Law Services, Suite 112
1118 Homer Street,
Vancouver, British Columbia
Leavetown may update this contact information from time to time without notice to you. We will post the current contact information on this website.
Survival of Terms
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, or employment relationship exists between you and Leavetown as a result of your use of this website.
To the extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that you will bring any claim or cause of action arising from or relating to your access or use of this website within one (1) year from the date on which such claim or action arose or accrued or such claim or cause of action will be irrevocably waived.
If any content on this website, or your use of the website, is contrary to the laws of the place where you are when you access it, the website is not intended for you, and we ask you not to use the website. You are responsible for informing yourself of the laws of your jurisdiction and complying with them.
Entire Agreement and Admissibility
How to Contact Us
PO Box 8624
Effective Date: 1 March, 2014