Attention videographers, bloggers, photographers & social media explorers – show us your city!
LOVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND WANT TO INSPIRE OTHERS TO LOVE IT, TOO?
Use your knowledge of community, technology, and culture to mobilize others and to make a difference. We’re offering a $1000 scholarship to the student who inspires others to get involved in their community.
• Create a Crowdfunding/Kickstarter campaign that inspires folks to contribute to, and become more active in your community—an art project, a program, a live event, you call it.
• Come up with a Pinterest or Instagram page—call it a local mashup of inspiring locals, hidden places, and artistic vistas. Ask your friends to check-in, too.
• Capture the essence of your city for visitors in a 1 to 2-minute video showing off your community’s diversity, and beating heart. Be creative. Post it to YouTube or Instagram, or post it on your website or blog.
• Tell us a story about someone, some thing or some place in your community—you pick the media, the message, and the moment.
• You’re an expert guide. How will you show off the best of your city to visitors? Create an idea for an interactive map, app, or a community check-in, or crowdsourced travel guide.
• Download a PDF of the scholarship application form and attach it with your project.
• Follow @leavetownnow on Twitter and post a link to your project, using the hashtag #leavetowngiveandgo. Be sure to send us the application form linked to your project.
Applicants must be residents of either the United States or Canada, and be attending school (high school, college or university) full-time during the 2014-2015 calendar year. Your project need not be about your place of study.
Submit your application by August 16th, 2015. Scholarship will be awarded on January 15, 2016.
To provide financial assistance to students who want to use their communication skills to give back the community as participants in the Give & Go Program.