Privacy is a very serious matter for Leavetown. We understand that booking online involves significant trust in us. We appreciate and value your trust and are committed to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
How We Protect Information About Our Customers
- The highest level of industry-standard 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption is always used to protect your purchase information while in transit.
- Stored credit card information is always encrypted and maintained in an environment that has been certified as PCI DSS compliant by a qualified security assessor.
- Leavetown websites are constantly scanned and validated to verify application and network security.
- All internal security standards, policies and practices are frequently reviewed and improved based on the current industry security practices.
Information Security Tips for Protecting Yourself
Be cautious about using a public computer, as it may contain keylogger software designed to steal your login credentials. If you do decide to use a public computer to make a reservation on the Leavetown website, do not forget to sign out from the website when you have finished using the public computer.
- Emails are generally insecure and easy to forge. Be aware that an email, even if it appears to come from a friend or a business partner, could be fraudulent and designed to trick you into providing personal information or installing dangerous software on your device.
- Install antivirus and firewall software on your computer to help protect yourself from phishing scams and viruses.
If you contact Leavetown, we may verify your identity by asking for non-critical information, such as your full name, address or past booking information.
- If you have received a suspicious email that appears to have come from Leavetown or have concerns about an email request you have received from Leavetown, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the Phone
When you call Leavetown, we may verify your identity by asking for information such as your current address, booking number or the last four digits or expiration date of the credit card we have on file for your account.
When you go to Login or Check Out pages on the Leavetown websites, you will notice the closed lock icon at the top or bottom of your browser or the “HTTPS://” prefix in the URL. This means you have established a secure SSL connection and that all data transmitted through this connection will be encrypted. If you are receiving SSL Certificate errors when accessing the Leavetown website, that means that the domain name in the SSL certificate does not match the address that is in the address bar of the browser. Alternatively, it may mean that your browser is misconfigured and does not accept the root certificate used by Leavetown. Please contact email@example.com if you encounter this error.
If you suspect that any of your personal information has been compromised or fraudulent charges have been made on your credit card as a result of your interaction with Leavetown, please contact us immediately for assistance by contacting us through the website or calling 1-877-902-1616.
Updates to This Information Security Policy
This Information Security Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information security practices. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Security Protocols and indicate at the bottom of the policy when it was most recently updated.
These protocols are effective as of 1 March, 2014.